Create virtual machines by building Nintex Live AWS actions into your standard onboarding workflow.
By extending your provisioning processes, your new employees can be productive faster.
You can also streamline HR and IT processes by using Nintex Live actions to automate the decommissioning of employee virtual machines.
This example uses the Nintex Live action, Amazon EC2 create instance.
Watch a video!
If you would like to watch a short 4 minute video on this scenario before downloading this template, please see "How to manage your Amazon Web Services cloud costs".
What will I find in the attached zip file?
The attached zip file contains List (.stp) and Workflow (.nwf) exports for a fictious compnay 'Crestan' to Onboard and create compute assets for a new employee (AWS - automated provisioning.nwf)
Prerequisites for this template:
· Nintex Live activated on your Nintex environment (see http://nintexdownload.com/Nsupport/NW2010_Installation_Guide_English.pdf , under 'Nintex Live')
· You will need an Amazon AWS account, http://aws.amazon.com/
· Security credentials for your Amazon AWS account - under <your name>-Security Credentials - , then Access Credentials, obtain the Access Key ID and the Secret Access Key.
· Credentials to an Active Directory account to create new users (if not available, these actions in the state machine column in the workflow can be removed)
· Credentials to create an RTC (Real time communication) account e.g. Lync, and Exchange account
1. Create the list in your SharePoint environment using the template, and then the site workflows.
2. Import the Nintex Workflow template.