1. Create content type ('Base Content Type') in parent site
2. Create content type ('Child Content Type') and inherit from 'Base Content Type'
3. Create a Nintex workflow ('Log to history') for content type 'Base Content Type'
4. Associate 'Log to history' workflow with 'Base Content Type'
5. Associate a native Workflow (e.g. Approvals) to 'Base Content Type'
Same site scenario:
6. Create a list in the same site and add 'Child Content Type'
7. Create item
Both workflows are available for that item, WORKS
Cross site scenario:
6. Create a sub-site and enable Nintex of course
7. Create a list in the new sub-site and add 'Child Content Type'
8. Create item
Only native (Approvals) workflow is available, DOH!
If the above is an issue/known limitation, what is the workaround?
I have done some brief investigation and do I need to retrieve the NWF (XomWorkflow object), make modifications (what would these be?) and copy to the sub-site, then reassociate with list content type.