Nintex Connect

The Official Community Site for Nintex Software Products, including Nintex Workflow 2007, 2010 and 2013; Nintex Workflow for Project Server 2010; Nintex Reporting 2008 and Nintex Analytics 2010; Nintex Forms 2010; Nintex Live and Nintex SmartLibrary.
Welcome to Nintex Connect Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Check user in group

Last post 10-27-2010, 2:41 PM by Vadim_Tabakman. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-30-2010, 8:02 AM 13264

Check user in group

Hi,

i'm creating a workflow with multiple folders where i move the document from folder to folder.

What u want to do is this:
    an user creates a document and the workflow is starting. If the user is in group 1, then move the document to the folder Sales, if he's in group 2 move to folder IT, ...
    I do the move after an approval of the user, if he approve the document, it should move to the right folder.

But how can i check if an user is in a (sharepoint) group?

tnx in advance 

•  09-30-2010, 4:38 PM 13275 in reply to 13264

Re: Check user in group

Hi endeka,

try the Call Web Service action, and make a call to the SharePoint UserGroup.asmx web service.  There is a web method there that should help you get what you need,

•  10-27-2010, 5:22 AM 13645 in reply to 13275

tnx! indeed, with the call web service action i have an xml result of all the groups where my user is.

How can i now use this information so that i can use an if or something else to check if he's in a specific group?

•  10-27-2010, 2:41 PM 13659 in reply to 13645

Hi endeka,

the UserGroup webservice actually has a GetGroupCollectionFromUser web method. You may be able to call that, get the results and then see if the name of your group is in there.

The Set a Condition action has the ability to check whether some text "contains" some other text.  That might be the easiest way to do it.

View as RSS news feed in XML